|Engage the Unchurched|
In Mark 3, Jesus gathers on Saturday, as all faithful Jews, in the synagogue. He finds himself face to face with a man crippled by a shriveled hand. Jesus' gut reaction is to heal the man, to mend and restore. To any rational human being, healing makes the most sense, but not to religion. The Pharisees were counting on Jesus' healing instincts, because to heal meant to break Sabbath Law.
|Connect to Christ|
So...Jesus gets angry, stands the man up in front of the scheming leaders and restores his hand! Technically he breaks The Law, but a man goes home that day with a recreated hand. If Jesus had simply followed the powerless rules and rituals of his day he would prove nothing except his self-discipline, but by raising a dead hand to life he screamed of God's tangible love.
|Connect to Others|
- We want to see drug addicts set free.
- We want to see the lonely find a community of friends.
- We want marriages restored.
- We want single parents to find "co-parents" in their church family.
- We want to see people move from being money slaves to generous Kingdom givers.
- We want to see people break free from debt.
- We want to see individuals who are in the final phase of life die well, loved, and unafraid.
- We want to see the hungry fed.
- We want to see the unemployed find work.
- We want to see bitter individuals discover joy through forgiveness.
- We want to see apathy catch fire.
- We want to see people discover compassion for the first time.
- We want to see racial division and social segregation collapse.
- We want to see prisons turned into churches.
- We want to see strip clubs remodeled into teenage pregnancy centers.
- We want to see Satan fall like lightening.
- We want to see TRANSFORMATION through Jesus.